After somebody recently said to me that communism is dead, I began to wonder how many other people had bought into this latest big lie being promoted by our leftist (communist?) controlled press.
First, I would like to point out something from "Witness" by Whittaker Chambers, who was a former communist and government witness against Alger Hiss in 1949. In the book, Henry Luce of Time Publications was baffled by why so many of the most enlightened people were against Whittaker Chambers and pressing Luce to fire Chambers from Time.
Henry Luce said, "By any Marxian pattern of how classes behave, the upper class should be for you and the lower classes should be against you. How do you explain that?" In answering Luce's question, a European guest at the meeting who Chambers calls Smetana said to Luce: "You donít understand the class structure of American society or you would not ask such a question. In the United States, the working class are Democrats, the middle class are Republicans and the upper class are Communists." This very revealing answer to Luce many years ago explains why so many wealthy and successful people in our business, entertainment industry and government are liberal leftist (communists?).
Secondly, I would like to point out a few goals and objectives of the international communist conspiracy when overthrowing an enemy nation. As you read these goals and objectives consider how many of these have been accomplished in our nation today. A few goals are:
A. Corrupt the morals of the young and get them away from religion by eliminating their belief in God. Make them superficial and destroy their ruggedness.
B. Get control of all means of publicity such as radio, TV and all print publications and use them to:
1. Get peoples mind off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books and plays, and other trivialities. This fits today s TV programming to a "T".
2. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no great importance. Current civil rights and environmental problems are examples.
3. Destroy the peopleís faith in their natural leaders by holding the matter up to contempt and ridicule; i.e., Vice President Dan Quayle.
4. Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible. Our nation was set up as a constitutional republic, not a democracy. There is a big difference between the two.
5. By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent. How about the ever increasing national debt?
6. Foment unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders, and foster lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward such disorders. Have you seen any riots on TV lately?
7. By specious argument cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues, honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness. Many years ago a man's word was worth something. Today lying is commonplace in government and in the private sector.
C. Enforce the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view to confiscating them and leaving the population helpless. There is a never-ending drive by many for more gun control laws. Washington D.C. has the most strict gun laws in the nation and the highest murder rate. Gun laws don't keep criminals from getting and using guns.
We may be a lot closer to losing our freedoms than we realize.