• PLAN TO ATTEND: Truth and Freedom Forum, October 9-11, LaQuinta Inn, Arlington, TX (817/540-4142). You will find it to be a "spiritual feast" and a happy time with other saints.
• I am grateful for every letter that you have written to me over the years. I regret my inability to respond to every one who wrote. Thanks for writing. It is always encouraging to hear from you.
• The Church of Christ church (all of its sects) is a denomination just like all the other churches. None of the churches, whatever the brand, are from God! They are all the works of men. One church or denomination is just as "right" in God's eyes as any other. They are all from the will and wisdom of men. Jesus Christ did not build or start a church of any kind. Again I challenge any of the hired, professional clergy in the C of C church to show that there is even one essential requirement to be a denomination that is not true of the C of C churches.
• 100% GRACE: I am opposed to the wild claim often made by some that salvation is the result of "100% grace." Such an idea has been promoted in a few circles for years. If salvation is the result of 100% anything, it has to be 100% LOVE! God so loved the world that He gave His only Son to die for us. His love for us moved Him to extend His grace in providing His Son to die for our sins. How in the name of reason can anyone claim that salvation is 100% grace, hence nothing else is involved! It is sheer folly!
• Let not the freedom of inquiry be shackled. If it multiplies contentions among the wise and virtuous, it exercises the charity of those who contend. If it shakes for a time the belief that is rested only on prejudice, it finally settles it on the broader and more solid basis of conviction. - Henry Kirke White
THE MONKEY'S DISGRACE
Three monkeys sat in a coconut tree
Discussing things as they are said to be.
Said one to the others, "Now listen, you two,
"There's a rumor around that can't be true
"hat man descended from our noble race
"The very idea is a great disgrace.
"No monkey has ever deserted his wife
"tarved her babies and ruined her life
"And you've never known a mother monk
"To leave her babies with others to bunk
"Or pass from one on to another
"Till they scarcely know who is their mother.
"Here's another thing a monkey won't do
"Go out at night and get on a stew
"r use a gun or club or knife
'To take some other monkey's life
"Yes, man descended, the ornery cuss
"But, brother, he didn't descend from us."
• Last year our nation's capital broke its record of killing for the fourth straight year. FBI statistics last year also made Washington the nation's homicide capital. The capital city's homicide rate for 1991 totaled 485, two more than the 483 recorded in 1990.
• Don't allow anything in your life that you don't want reproduced in your children's lives.
• Father, help me remember this day that younger eyes are watching my behavior. Please help me be the example that will be pleasing to You and that will draw others to You. Amen.
• Why it is called "censorship" when religious groups protest against movies or television programs they consider pro-homosexual, while it is never censorship when gay activists protest against movies or television programs they consider anti-homosexual? Thomas Sowell
"Give to your enemy forgiveness,
Give to your opponent tolerance,
Give to your friend your heart,
Give to your child a good example.
Give to your parents deference,
Give to everybody sunshine."
"If you cannot speak like angels,
If you cannot preach like Paul,
You can tell the love of Jesus;
You can say, 'He died for all.'"