* YOUR helpis needed to obtain names/addresses of as many Christians as possible to whom we can send THE EXAMINER for a 3-issue trial period. It is sent free and without any obligation whatever... If you are a new reader and you want the paper to continue past the third issue, you must send a card or letter requesting it. We will gladly continue it. If you don't request it to continue, it will cease after the third issue... WE extend a warm welcome to all new readers who have joined us with this issue of the paper. Our prayer is that you will be of an honest and good heart, with a desire to know the truth of God, as you read what we offer herein. Search the Scriptures; examine everything carefully.
* Religious Con Artists: Televangelist Morris Cerullo is not welcome on European television unless he stops claiming to work miracles on the air. The London-based Independent Television Commission pulled the "Victory With Morris Cerullo" program from the Super Channel based on violations of British broadcasting laws that forbid the airing of material about miraculous occurrences that cannot be substantiated. This is a responsible move on the part of the Commission. They should not allow television to be used for quackery and fraud such as is practiced by Cerullo, Ernest Ainsley, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Hagin, Jimmy Swaggart, and others. No one today has been given the power to perform miraculous healings or other miracles.
* Recommended Reading: THEOPHILUS AND THE ONE TRUE CHURCH is the name of a new book by Bob West and Art Thompson. Bob designed all of the teaching "cartoon" strips, 127 pages of them. Art has written an excellent narrative to accompany the cartoons. The book should be read in sequence to receive the full impact of the book. It is an excellent book to loan to a neighbor or friend to read; and it can help people learn the truth about God's way of salvation. If you will send a contribution of $30 or more to help in publishing THE EXAMINER, we will send you a copy of the book as a gift, if you ask for it. Do it today.
* Statement of Truth: "1 have never really felt a desire to reform the 'church.' The word is not a part of God's vocabulary: It is an English word which does not translate ecclesia or anything akin to it. It represents man's attempt to create something God did not create. It is not only unscriptural but unfortunate." -W. Carl Ketcherside
* "Some people claim to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. If they had such baptism, they would have all the powers that the apostles had. Hence, they could do all the miraculous things that the apostles did. If not, why not? - R. L. Whiteside
* Notes: PLEASEnotify us immediately if you are changing your address or if you have already done so. It helps us save time and money.
* "If men grew physically at the rate they do spiritually, many of them would spend their lives in the playpen."
* Crucial debate in the Russian parliament was halted when news arrived that Bibles were being given away in the main hall outside. Legislators, policemen, cooks, secretaries, and scores of bureaucrats elbowed their way into several lines waiting for Bibles, New Testaments, and copies of the Children's Bible being handed out by members of a Bible society in Moscow. Some 6,000 volumes were given away, and as the supply dwindled, clamor gave way to near chaos. "The word of God softens and calms hearts," a Bible society official told reporters. "In our cruel times, it is good to put Bibles in the hands of parliamentarians."
* The TRUTH AND FREEDOM FORUM in Fort Worth, held in early October, was very good, with some fine lessons and good discussions. The attendance was good; for Sunday morning especially. Billy and Linda Penn, with the help of several others, had charge of the program. It was a very moving time together. I wish that all of you could have been with us. Make your plans to attend the next forum in Fort Worth, tentatively set for the second weekend in October 1992.