* Welcome New Readers If you did not ask for this paper yourself this means that some brother or sister in the Lord sent in your name to receive a trial subscription of three issues. We hope that you will read carefully what is presented herein, examining everything carefully in the light of God's word.
If you want this paper to continue coming to you, after the trial period, you must send a card or letter requesting it. It will be sent free and without any obligation whatever on your part. Join the thousands of other saints who are finding THE EXAMINER to be of real value as they re-examine many religious teachings and practices in the light of God's word.
* * *
* Quote: "I pray that more and more of those with a heart for the Lord can see through the organization to see the organism of the body of Christ." Texas brother
* * *
* Poem: Procrastinating is my sin; It brings me endless sorrow. I really must stop doing it -- In fact, I'll start tomorrow.
* * *
* Translation: Then Jesus opened up on the crowds and to his students: 'The theologians and preachers plant their feet in the Bible; so listen to all they say and live by it. But don't you act like them, because they are forever talking and never doing. They sack up heavy loads and strap them on men's backs, but they themselves won't lift a little finger to carry them. Their every action is for show. They strut in their robes and display their degrees. They love the seats at the speaker's tables at banquets, and the pulpit chairs in the churches, and the back-slapping at the civic clubs.
"But don't let yourselves be called 'Reverend' for you have but one pastor and you are all brothers… neither be called 'Doctor', for you have but one Doctor... The fellow who promotes himself will get bumped, and whoever bumps himself will get promoted." The Cotton Patch Version of Matthew, by Clarence Jordan. (This translation makes for very interesting reading to say the least.)
* * *
Gandhi On Atheism Mahatma Gandhi was once approached by an atheist with the request to organize and promote an anti-God society. Gandhi replied, "It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists." (What a great answer to the unbelievers who deny the existence of God. They are motivated by the fear that God just might be there; and to keep their "faith" that there is no God, they must always be re-affirming it, because the evidence is overwhelming in favor of God. Sadly, atheism is gaining ground among unbelievers and the Biblically illiterate. The young are now being brainwashed with atheistic teaching in schools, even in the early grades, and in colleges and universities. Only fools would go around fighting or speaking against SOMEONE who does not exist! Remember: "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God" (Psa. 14:1).
* * *
* Your Help Needed: 1) Please send the names and addresses of any and all people you think might appreciate receiving this paper for a trial period of three issues. Based upon these issues they can decide if they want to be added to the permanent list to receive the paper .... 2) PLEASE notify us immediately if your address is changing or has changed.
READERS RESPOND: "Your work is so critically important. Please don't ever lose faith in what you are doing. May the Lord bless your ministry. I hope to be able to give more financial support in the near future." -Indiana ... "Will you please begin sending me a copy of THE EXAMINER from now on? I have been reading a copy sent to a friend of mine who has recently died. I hate to quit reading it. I do not agree with all your conclusions, but I find it food for thought and a basis for study. I enclose a donation of... " - Texas ... "You make me stop and think about some old accepted ideas and traditions. Sometimes I don't agree with you, but the thinking is worthwhile. Enclosed is a small check."- Texas... "... I certainly don't want THE EXAMINER to stop being published. Enclosed is my check for… to help in this good work." - Nevada... "I am sending a note so you will continue to send the paper to me. I look forward to each publication and am thankful for the work of faith and labor of love of every person involved in its publication. I am sending a check..." - Tennessee ... "Please keep me on the mailing list and keep up the good work. May God heal and bless you. Our prayers are for you." - Texas ... "My cancelled check is all the receipt I need. I know you appreciate all gifts and I hope you will keep THE EXAMINER going indefinitely. Since I feel so strongly that what you are doing is right I pray God will bless this ministry abundantly. P.S.: If this is a "Bunch of Trash" [as one critic called the paper, Ed.] may we all be buried in it till it seeps into our very beings! I'm so weary of the noose tied around my neck from so many years of C of C doctrine preached to me." - California ... "KEEP 'EM COMING!" [Accompanied by a $500 check!] - California ... "Please continue sending me THE EXAMINER ... Please find enclosed my contribution of $50."- Long Beach, California.