Below, according to the Virginia Beach Beacon, are the Ten Commandments as revised by public school educators.
1. Thou shalt worship human wisdom (stay tuned for latest developments) and that only shalt thou serve.
2. Thou shalt not hold any other viewpoint than moral relativism ... for thine educators are jealous of their own opinions, and will visit the report cards of any who dare to believe otherwise.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of "tolerance" in vain, for thine educators will not hold him guiltless who believeth that sodomy is sin.
4. Remember the 11th and 12th grades to keep them holy. Ten years shalt thou labor in sex-ed classes, straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel, but by the 11th year thou shouldst be thoroughly brainwashed, and wilt need the rest.
5. Disregard thy father and thy mother, and discover thine own values, that thou mayest live happily on the earth.
6. Thou shalt not discuss abortion in sex-ed classes, but thou shat call the "hotline" numbers listed in the curriculum, where thou shalt be advised to kill thine offspring. Neither shalt thou worry ... thy parents will not know.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery ... unless of course thou findest it personally enriching, it fittest in with thy life goals, and thou are well-protected.
8. Thou shalt not steal small things like other people's possessions, but thou shalt emulate thine educators and steal big things ... like the minds of other people's children.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy teacher or guidance counselor, for that would be disloyal. However, thou shouldst freely testify against thy parents for child abuse.
10. Thou shalt freely covet thy neighbor's wife or daughter, for lust is a normal part of human development.
- AFA Journal, (Sept. 90)