For: The Older Generation (Recalling Better Times)
· Abortionists were sent to prison.
· Pregnancy out of wedlock was thought of as scandalous. · Homosexuals were considered queer.
· Pornography was despised as a sickness.
· Marriage was sacred. Living together was taboo. Divorce was a disgrace.
· Homemaking was honored, and day care was provided by mothers in their homes.
· Ladies did not smoke or curse.
· "Damn" was considered flagrant language in a movie.
· Houses and autos were never locked.
· A man's word was his honor.
· Drugs were something you bought at a pharmacy (or "drug store").
· Popular music was devoid of demonic beats and words.
· Eastern religion was still in the East.
· Child abuse was almost unheard of.
· Schools were in the neighborhood, and students prayed and read the Bible.
· High School graduates could read their diplomas.
· Creation could still be taught as an alternative to evolution.
· Aids was a gift of the Spirit (1 Cor. 12:28-KJV).
· Our governments-local, state, and national-still promoted Judeo-Christian values rather than lotteries, horse racing, and casino gambling.
· Christian teaching focused on sacrificing for Christ rather than confessing materialistic success.
· Governmental authority was respected. Police were held in high esteem.
· Socialism and Communism were considered a curse.
· Social security was a job. Living on welfare was a disgrace.