· Attention: You only need to send in one request card to continue to receive The Examiner. One notice is adequate. Apparently this was not clear to everyone and I apologize. But it is much less work on us to include a card in each paper, every issue. If you have already sent in your request, and we hope all of you do, (the choice is yours) to continue the paper, just ignore or dispose of the card; or you could pass it on to a friend to use (please ask them to put their request on the bottom of the card if a new reader.) Thanks.
· Please Help Us. When you request The Examiner to be sent to others, please be certain that the names are spelled correctly and the address and zip codes are accurate and complete. Also, please, write plainly enough to assure that we can read it correctly. Thanks. Please keep the requests coming to send the paper to others.
· Clergyman: "A man who undertakes the management of our spiritual affairs as a method of bettering his temporal ones." -- Ambrose Bierce.
From a brother poet:
The time past may suffice
for having preached the Church of Christ.
But now that grace has shown
we must preach the Christ alone.
Logicians have but ill defined
as rational the human mind.
Logic, they say, belongs to man,
but let them prove it if they can.
-- Oliver Goldsmith
· "Genuine ignorance is...profitable because it is likely to be accompanied by humility, curiosity, and open-mindedness; whereas ability to repeat catch phrases, cant terms, and familiar propositions...coats the mind with varnish, waterproof to new ideas." -- John W. Dewey
· Half the truth is often a great lie. -- Franklin.
· "The Examiner is excellent. I'll pay for subscription if needed for ever issue." -- Ohio.
Editor's Note: There is no subscription price for this paper. It is sent free to all "the people in the pews," for whom it is published. However, some readers are sending a gift of $10-$15, sometimes even more, to help cover the cost of sending it to them. This really helps; but it is not required.
"We think The Examiner is wonderful. Someone is finally saying things that have needed to be said for years." --Virginia.
· "Most ignorance is vincible ignorance: we don't know because we don't want to know." -- Aldous Huxley
· "I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." -- Galileo
· "Ignorance is no excuse -- it's the real thing." -- Irene Peter
· "Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge." -- Alfred North Whitehead
· "I am glad for the presence of The Examiner. I hope it will arouse interest in spiritual matters, speak to a broad spectrum of concerns, and reserve for Jesus alone the preeminence of focus. Enclosed is a check for The Examiner and the names and address of eight brethren I think will profit from it." --Arizona.
· An Appeal: This paper is published bi-monthly by Truth and Freedom Ministry, Inc., a non-profit organization. It is sent free of charge to all who desire it. Contributions to help in this endeavor may be sent to:
Truth and Freedom Ministry, Inc.
P.O. Box 21584
Chattanooga, TN 37421