For Christians -- Male and Female, Young and Old
- Have you ever taught anyone the gospel and thus led the person to become a Christian?
- Have you ever tried to do
- If not, why not?
- What are you waiting on to
try to do this?
- Do you believe it is your obligation to "preach the gospel" (cf. Acts 8:4)
- Can you please God and
refuse to try?
- Will there be any stars in your crown?
2) Are you "spiritual," as set out in Gal. 6:1?
- Have you ever "restored"
one who has been overtaken in a trespass?
- Who is the "spiritual" with the responsibility for
restoring the wayward?
- Does this passage say anything about restoring one to the church organization?
- Is "spiritual" an official church position to which
one is appointed like "elder" is?
- Does this mean that the "spiritual" is appointed to the personal work committee?
3) Have you ever sought out a brother/sister who has strayed from the truth to "turn him/her back" from "the error of his/her way," and thereby "save a soul from death, and...cover a multitude of sins" (James 5:19-20)?
4) Are you honestly pleased and satisfied with your life and service to the Lord?
5) Do you fully accept your responsibility and make your own decisions relative to your service to Christ.
- Do you decide the specific
causes that your money will help support?
- Do you bow to the irresponsible practice of merely dropping your
money into the corporate church coffers for others to decide what will be done
- If "yes" to the above question do you honestly believe that is being a good and faithful steward of your resources?
6) Do you really study God's word to learn His truth for yourself?.
- Do you merely accept the
word of the preacher concerning what is right or wrong?
- Are you actually "growing
in grace and knowledge of the truth" (2 Pet. 3:18)?
- Are you like the noble-minded Bereans, of the disposition of heart to receive "the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so" (Acts 17:11).
As the Apostle Paul put it: "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves."