(1) It means sincerely seeking to follow Christ, and Him only, as the authoritative ideal of my life.
(2) That my allegiance belongs to Him and His Word, and that I am not enslaved to human dictates, judgments or traditions.
(3) I am to carefully examine His will, interpret it to the best of my ability, and apply it to my personal life without interferences from others.
(4) That I am at liberty to form my own judgments in matters not distinctly revealed in the Word, that in this I am solely answerable to the Lord, and that the conclusions of others are not binding upon me.
(5) That as a Christian only I am not under obligation to subscribe to organized programs traditionally established by a church by which "faithfulness" is at times judged. My devotion is to the Lord, and not to church programs.
(6) ! am free from the narrow judgmental restraints of those who would compel me to conform to their interpretations, perceptions and views of the Scripture.
(7) That I am not required to submit to the bondage of human judgment, but that ! am free under Christ to follow him to the fullest of my own understanding and ability. (Gal. 5:1)
(8) That inasmuch as logical deduction is a human process, I am under no obligation to accept the conclusions of others regarding the will of the Lord. I am free to arrive at my own deductions, however imperfect they may be, in my sincere effort to please the Lord.
--Waymon D. Miller, Tulsa, Oklahoma